In late November 2017 StrateSphere will host Nigerian university officials on a study tour of US institutions specializing in entrepreneurship education and support. The study tour, consisting of visits to Boston MA. and Columbus OH, will showcase StrateSphere partner organizations and allow Nigerian university officials to interact and learn from leaders in the field.Participation in this study tour will be highly selective and limited to 12-15 university vice-chancellors, professors and other university officials.
SEED Programme Keys to a Successful University-Based Entrepreneurship Hub:
- Talent: Does the university provide the local economy with the entrepreneurial workforce it needs?
- IP Commercialization: Does the university know how to maximize the commercial opportunities around its IP?
- Capital: Does the university help local entrepreneurs mobilize adequate financial resources?
- Industry Specialization: As national economies evolve, can the university provide assistance to specialized enterprises, particularly in the IT sector?
- Density: Is the community around the university concentrated enough to form a cohesive identity?
- Connectivity: Is the university well integrated with the local startup community?
- Culture: Does the university and the local area have the mindset and lifestyle to attract entrepreneurs?